The purpose of pediatric medicine is to help parents receive appropriate, professional care and advices for their children. Pediatricians have chosen this profession to help parents and their children deal with physical and mental difficulties from birth to adulthood.
What exactly can pediatricians help with?
- When a newborn arrives home, they help to create and develop appropriate lifestyle habits for the family. Give advice on feeding, baby care, sleeping habits.
- In questions related to growth, movement-, mental development in infancy.
- They assist with numerous illnesses, such as catarrhal diseases with fever, childhood infectious diseases, musculoskeletal problems, eating disorders, recurrent abdominal complaints, indigestion, delayed speech development, or toilet (potty) training.
- You may want to consult your doctor about recurrent catarrhal diseases, recurrent skin lesions, bedwetting, musculoskeletal problems, or gastrointestinal problems.
- May be visited due to night and / or daytime symptoms caused by sleep disorders.
- Can help overweight children make the right lifestyle change.
- To discuss and administer optional vaccinations.
- Can be contacted with any acute problem or persistent complaint that interferes with the child's and / or parent's / family's daily activities.
- May help with performing and evaluating laboratory tests for an acute illness or a chronic condition.
- A careful pediatric examination and a detailed discussion of the antecedents and conditions contribute to the best possible understanding and acceptance of the conditions that do not show a temporary abnormality.
- With their help, the necessary medicines and supplies can be collected and set in our home pharmacy, or we can discuss with them what we should definitely take on a trip.
- They can professionally investigate complaints in our various clinics, e.g. allergology, otolaryngology, dermatology.